Monday, June 05, 2006

Spaghetti with tomatoes, capres and olives


That is one of my favourite quick meals.

As you can see on the picture I still had a salad. I mingled the lettuce with olive oil, balsamico vineagre, salt and pepper. That's it. I offered the meal the German way: the salad comes with the main course at the same time.

Spaghetti: Put them in boiling water, with a bit of oil and salt. Within 12 minutes they might be ready. Take those spaghettis without eggs.

Sauce: Ingredients: tomatoes from a can (in summer I take fresh ones), garlic as much as you want, olives, capres, red wine, salt, pepper, chilli, vegetable broth, balsamico.

Put oil in a pan, add the cut garlic, simmer for a while. Then add the tomatoes, cut olives, capres, red wine, salt, pepper, a tea spoon vegetable broth and a shot of balsamico. Stir well.

In the meantime the spaghettis should be ready. I also think that the sauce was cooking for some minutes. It is ready now. Enjoy it.

The meal is good with a glas of red wine. If you have children substitute the red wine with water.

You can be sure that variations of the sauce will follow. It is sort of Italian. They have influenced my cooking a lot.

No comments: