Friday, August 11, 2006

Kenia bean salad



I bought Kenia beans (others will do as well), 1 red pepper, 2 tomatoes, 1 onion (but I used only 1/2 of it). Usually I don't use the icebox of the fridge. When I cut onions I make an exception. I use what I need and put the rest cut onion pieces in the icebox.
How to do it: I have a wok with a steam basket. I put 2 cups of water in the wok, I put the beans in the basket and steamed them, till soft, but not too soft. I want to have somethin to bite.
I cut in the meantime the pepper in small stripes. I cut the onion in very little pieces.
I removed the inner parts of the tomatoes and I used only the outer parts. Tomatoes often do not taste for tomatoes as they are too watery. That's why I removed the inner life of it.
In the meantime the beans should be ready. Taste one. Then hold them under cold water, so that they don't get softer and softer. So you can stop the boiling process.
I made classic sauce out of olive oil, balsamic, salt and pepper. Take double as much olive oil as balsamico. Ready. It goes well with a piece of bread or rice. Why not?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great posts, especially this one – thank you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory