Sunday, March 15, 2009

Potatoes-vegetable-pan

I took:
a half onion
3 gloves of garlic (I like garlic)
1 zucchini
1 red pepper
3 waxy and skinned potatoes
a handful olives
The sauce is made of white wine (a little bottle), vegetable broth (a cube), pepper, oregano, thyme, parsley.

How to do it? My cooking method is "mise en place". First I cut everything before I start cooking.

I started cooking the potatoes. I had none from the day before. When they were ready I skinned them. In the meantime I had cut the vegetables. First I put olive oil in the pan and added the onions and the garlic. I stirred it and let it become brown. then I added all the other vegetables, pepper, zucchini and potatoes. After a short while of stirring, I added the wine and let it simmer. I stirred and added the other spices and vegetable broth. When everything was soft, I added the parsley, stirred again one time. Ready. I think due to the spices - oregano and thyme and the white wine, this dinner had a French touch.

I am sure that I will cook this again. Loved it.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Wow, Impressive!!

Ursula said...

I have a cooking book collection here. :)

But many recipes I change a bit.

Andrew said...

You should publish a collection of your recipes.