Sunday, April 05, 2009

A kidney bean, pea, red pepper salad

If possible I like to add something raw, something fresh. Fresh is the red pepper and the mushrooms in case I add those, too.

The ingredients:
Canned kidney beans,
Canned green peas,
Red pepper,
Mushrooms if wished.

For the sauce:
Olive oil, red wine vinegar, tarragon mustard (any mustard will do, hot mustard will be fine, no sweet mustard)
2 gloves of garlic, salt, pepper.

Take double as much olive oil than vinegar (2:1), a spoon full of mustard, be generous, add the garlic, salt and pepper, mix it in a bowl.

Then add the rinsed kidney beans and peas and cut red pepper (and mushrooms).

It is really quick done.
This salad is filling. It even tastes better the other day. Enjoy.

PS: On the picture you see my salad servers. I bought them in South Africa a few years ago. With them I meassure the oil and vinegre.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Ist das ohne tierische?

Ursula said...

Hahaha, ohne tierische what?

Ja,ja, es ist ohne tierische Produkte.

Yes, yes, it is without animal products.

Gut was.
Good what.

I like to mix and mingle, to do something with my hands.

Andrew said...

Hi There, Wondering, as a vegetarian, do you eat eggs? Thanks :-)

Ursula said...

Eggs? The period of the hens? No I don't eat that.
You can live healthy without eggs, even as a man. :)