Saturday, January 01, 2011

Couscous, my New Years Eve dinner


Ingredients:
1 onion
3 gloves of garlic
3 peeled potatoes
3 carrots
1 red pepper
1 zucchini
2 large and peeled tomatoes
1 tan chickpeas

Spices for the sauce:
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
Half a teaspoon curcuma
1 and a half teaspoon vegetable broth
pepper to taste
2 teaspoons Harissa (makes the sauce hot)

Garnishing:
Fresh parsley

The couscous aside needs one and a half minute till ready. This can be done when everything is ready.

I first cut all the ingredients into pieces (not too small). I put the potatoes into water so that they don't get dark.
I put oil in the pan and fry the onions and garlic. Spices can be added after a while. Then I add the other ingredients. I pour enough water to the vegetables and then I let them simmer till soft. It takes about 20 min not longer.

Ready. Enjoy.

No comments: